Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can I remaster an installed Knoppix?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9

    Can I remaster an installed Knoppix?

    Lets say I have Knoppix installed in my HHD, and made a lot of installations, uninstallations, and personal settings such as custom colours and fonts in KDE.

    1. Would I still be able to pack it all up into an ISO and burn it as a live-CD?

    2. Would my personal settings still be in place?

    3. Would I still be able to install *this* customised Knoppix into another HHD again and retain all the settings?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    30

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    HD install

    I have had a problem for a while whilst trying to remaster a hard drive install in that I got a bad superblock error and root was read only. I am not sure but I think that the bad superblock problem was due to the install I chose (knoppix like install). The knoppix like install defaults to reiserfs even if the partition is formatted ext2/3. I think this is why I got a bad superblock error when my remastered disc booted up, because fsck was looking for an ext2/3 filesystem but was being presented with reiser fs. To enable a knoppix style installl on as ext2/3 start the install as a debian style installl, select ext3 then double back and everything should install on ext3. The disc also mounted root as read only. when I looked in fstab my hda5 installl was installed as ext3 default error=remount ro. Why there is an error I don't know, but editing this out got rid of this.

Similar Threads

  1. Is PHP installed on KNOPPIX 5.0.1 ?
    By Regupstart in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 11:27 PM
  2. Knoppix Succesfully installed but grub installed in root
    By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
  4. how can I get in the hd-installed Knoppix?
    By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 08:50 AM
  5. what happens when knoppix is hdd installed
    By waynejkruse10 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book picture

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book

$37.49



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99