-
HD install
I have had a problem for a while whilst trying to remaster a hard drive install in that I got a bad superblock error and root was read only. I am not sure but I think that the bad superblock problem was due to the install I chose (knoppix like install). The knoppix like install defaults to reiserfs even if the partition is formatted ext2/3. I think this is why I got a bad superblock error when my remastered disc booted up, because fsck was looking for an ext2/3 filesystem but was being presented with reiser fs. To enable a knoppix style installl on as ext2/3 start the install as a debian style installl, select ext3 then double back and everything should install on ext3. The disc also mounted root as read only. when I looked in fstab my hda5 installl was installed as ext3 default error=remount ro. Why there is an error I don't know, but editing this out got rid of this.
Similar Threads
-
By Regupstart in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-11-2006, 11:27 PM
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
-
By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-24-2004, 08:50 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99