Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Minor Text File Problem, Transfer file in ASCII

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8

    Minor Text File Problem, Transfer file in ASCII

    I have knoppix set up on another computer.

    My problem is when I transfer text file from knoppix to my wondows computer it get messed up when I view it on my windows machine. It puts a Square symbol where there should be a new line.

    I think it has something to do with the file being transferred over FTP in binary mode. But I dont know how to transfer it using ASCII mode. I think here is some information to my problem. http://kb.iu.edu/data/agiz.html and http://www.websiterepairguy.com/articles/os/crlf.html

    Is there a way I can convert the text file on my windows machine to it's original format with some software or anything? Or is there an FTP client for Linux that I can use to allow ASCII transfer mode? At the moment I am just using the konquerer web browser to access my FTP.

    Thanks
    Jeremy

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8
    Ok I found a quick fix to my problem with this program http://www.thefreecountry.com/tofrodos/ but if anyone else has any other ideas I will really appreciate it.

    Thanks
    Jeremy

Similar Threads

  1. transfer file with accented character
    By w0lfie in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
  2. Errors during file transfer and burn
    By Xiaron in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 01:34 AM
  3. Large File Transfer Problems
    By Casshern in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 07:07 AM
  4. gAIM and File Transfer
    By astump in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 01:34 AM
  5. Simple file transfer
    By Level7 in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 02:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage (1979) Sanyo VM-4209 ‘Videoscope’ Monitor - Working picture

Vintage (1979) Sanyo VM-4209 ‘Videoscope’ Monitor - Working

$325.00



Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY picture

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY

$20.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS picture

Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS

$50.00



Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture

Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac

$11.75



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00



Vintage TTL Logic IC Lot 174 Chips 7400 7441 Nixie Driver Sprague Storage Cases picture

Vintage TTL Logic IC Lot 174 Chips 7400 7441 Nixie Driver Sprague Storage Cases

$289.99