Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help files, languages, plugins and update???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1

    Help files, languages, plugins and update???

    Hi,

    I've tried klik on Suse 10, and I wonder if the help files / handbooks that written for all KDE apps ever will work and intergrate with KDE help center... It doesn't work for Algebra now, will it ever???

    Then I also wonder if language support is being handled by klik???

    And what about plugins, as I see it, it not possible to download a program and later and plugins for that app... Is that correct???

    Last of all I wonder if klik has any update feature, to avoid that people is running an old version, of for an example firefox witch might have security problems???

    besides those 4 things, witch I somehow hope klik can handle, klik is a nice way of getting software... but if those 4 issues isn't solved I can't see how klik would ever be perfect....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    I've tried klik on Suse 10, and I wonder if the help files / handbooks that written for all KDE apps ever will work and intergrate with KDE help center... It doesn't work for Algebra now, will it ever???
    If you tell me how to do it... i'll happily include it! (setting MANPATH= and KDEDIRS= seems to have no effect...)

    Then I also wonder if language support is being handled by klik???
    What do you mean? If an application is multilingual, it is so also with klik (especially KDE apps are!)

    And what about plugins, as I see it, it not possible to download a program and later and plugins for that app... Is that correct???
    klik follows the "1 application = 1 file" approach. Thus, any plugins must be part of the respective application's cmg file. (That can be made so.) For example, gimp.cmg would have to contain all the GIMP plugins. (This is a feature, not a bug!)

    Last of all I wonder if klik has any update feature, to avoid that people is running an old version, of for an example firefox witch might have security problems???
    If the user wants a newer version, he clicks on the respective klik:// link again. klik is not a "package manager".

    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. How to install different languages?
    By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 02:45 AM
  2. How to remove the languages I do not need in remastering?
    By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 09:45 PM
  3. Default Font in slavic languages
    By pihhan in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 05:21 PM
  4. Nessus-Update-Plugins Troubleshooting (Hard Disk Install)
    By velvet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 05:07 PM
  5. Nessus-update-plugins
    By victorhooi in forum Ideas
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 03:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00