Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Saved Wireless settings aren't persisting after reboot.

  1. #1

    Saved Wireless settings aren't persisting after reboot.

    I'm sure this must be a common problem... I can't be the only one using a wireless PCI card with the knoppix DVD rom distribution.

    I'm using knoppix 4.0, and am having trouble getting wireless networking settings to persist after a reboot. I get it working manually, and then save my config to a USB drive, but when I reboot the system, the wireless part isn't enabled.

    The settings do appear to be saved in /etc/network/wireless, and I can enable them with a "ifup eth0 --force", but I shouldn't have to do this.

    Wireless card is SMC2802W (Prism54). Wireless mode is Ad-Hoc, with a WEP key.


    Any help appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    I finally got my Microsoft MN-720 wireless card to work with Knoppix. I have to perform the following 3 steps every time I reboot. It sure would be nice to make this processes automated at boot via some sort of script saves on my usb stick. Anyone know how to do this?

    1) Load MS driver andiswrapper
    2) Configure networking to use wlan0
    3) Set wlan0 to use the proper encryption for my wireless router.

    Thanks.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    I finally got my Microsoft MN-720 wireless card to work with Knoppix. I have to perform the following 3 steps every time I reboot. It sure would be nice to make this processes automated at boot via some sort of script saves on my usb stick. Anyone know how to do this?

    1) Load MS driver andiswrapper
    2) Configure networking to use wlan0
    3) Set wlan0 to use the proper encryption for my wireless router.

    Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. KDE .Autostart not persisting when saved to memory stick
    By Seydlitz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 11:57 PM
  2. using saved settings
    By joshknape in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 07:58 AM
  3. Saved wireless config not persisting after reboot
    By Legless_Marine in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 07:09 PM
  4. settings not being saved on HD install
    By kq9j in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
  5. Newbie wants settings saved
    By jMon54 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 08:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00