hELLO TO ALL...

So I got a problem with my operating system (windows xp) , I need to do a clean reinstall, but want to use knoppix to retrieve files off my notebook before doing so..This has brought me to this site, as I have never used knoppix before.. I know its a LINUX based system that can run off a cd...thats it..

knoppix 3.2 boots up from disk, then i get this message:

Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional builtin commands available:
cat
insmod
mount
rmmod
umount
lsmod

knoppix#

cAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME SORT THIS OUT SO i CAN USE KNOPPIX TO BACKUP MY FILES TO A CD OR EVEN TRANSFER THEM OVER MY WIRELESS ROUTER...?

Any help much appreciated!.. I will be online all day to respond to any replies...