Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Boot Toshiba Satellite 2450-101 from USB device

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4

    Boot Toshiba Satellite 2450-101 from USB device

    Hi there
    DVD Knoppix 4.0 is working well on my Toshiba Satellite. No problem with hardware except of a few little thing. So why do not start working with Knoppix? But at the moment I can't do without Windows. Perhaps later. So I prepared my external USB HD (Lacie 80GB) and installed Knoppix. This because notebook HD has only 30GB to offer (according manual Knoppix needs about 20GB). Installation was successful. Unfortunately my notebook does not support a start of an USB device. I can't access the BIOS. Only a screen with limited possibilities of settings (the same as I can do in Windows). At the moment I am searching in the web for a manual, how I may access the BIOS. Finally my question:
    Is it possible to install only the Knoopix boot informations on Notebook and store the rest of the operating system on the external USB Harddisk?

    By the way I am still searching in the www to find a way to get access to the protected BIOS.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4
    Received no answer.
    But it was better this way. I used Knoppix live a few times. Checked out all features and programs and I have to confirm:
    it is good
    So I'm now running Windows XP only with the absolutely necessary programs I often use. Made a partition on notebook HD for Knoppix and installed it permanently. Works fine. Now I will test and use this forum if a problem will occur.

Similar Threads

  1. Toshiba Satellite A45-S150 boot usb?
    By meburke in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 01:13 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
  3. Toshiba Satellite 1805-S253 boot problem
    By denverc in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
  4. satellite 2450
    By Philly_Blunt in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 05:41 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046 picture

Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046

$24.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00