-
Problem sorted now!
Thanks to all for the options, I have now recovered my files by transferring over wireless to my desktop via the Samba network application in knoppix!
I have reinstalled xp home now also on the Notebook, but leaving about a 3 gig unformatted partition should I decide to install knoppix or another Linux based Distro to hard disk at some point. As yet, I am undecided about which Linux Distro togo with...
My notebook does have 512mb Ram, which is sufficient I think to run knoppix in ram, as suggested...
As a musician, my decision as to which distro to use will be biased according to which Distro has the best Audio Distro packages available on it...Judging by a Linux forum I have been visiting recently, there are quite a few to choose from...
Slackware seems to have quite a few Audio packages that run on it...
Similar Threads
-
By summer51 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:28 AM
-
By mendoza in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By mihaval in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 01:29 PM
-
By nreddy in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 08:02 PM
-
By ronin in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$693.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00