-
wvdial conf problem
Hello,
I just reinstalled Knoppix 3.9, to my hd. I had this working before. The wvdial.conf is not being created/saved to the hd using the command : wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf . I'm using root status. I ran the /dev/modem/ connection setup, setting the modem to ttys0. I'm using a serial external modem. Below is term window output:
root@webguytx:/home/robert# wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
Scanning your serial ports for a modem.
Port Scan<*1>: Scanning ttyS0 first, /dev/modem is a link to it.
ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 Z -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0 -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: Modem Identifier: ATI -- TP560 Data/Fax/Voice 56K Modem
ttyS0<*1>: Speed 4800: AT -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: Speed 9600: AT -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: Speed 19200: AT -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: Speed 38400: AT -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: Speed 57600: AT -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: Speed 115200: AT -- OK
ttyS0<*1>: Max speed is 115200; that should be safe.
ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0 -- OK
ircomm0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- failed at 9600 and 19200 baud.
###
Note: it hangs and I hit ctrl+c get to prompt
###
root@webguytx:/home/robert# ls /etc/wvdial.conf
ls: /etc/wvdial.conf: No such file or directory
root@webguytx:/home/robert#
How can I get this to save the file?
Robert
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2006, 07:45 PM
-
By staticspace in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 06:06 PM
-
By staticspace in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 08:01 AM
-
By ComatoseJedi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 06:24 PM
-
By tyiooo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67