Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't change resolution

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5

    Can't change resolution

    I have installed to hard drive, and most things are working well. However, I cannot get any resolution except 1024x768, and it's too high for this piece of shite monitor... I feel like I'm going blind trying to read any text except on Mozilla (which I can zoom).

    I've tried running XFConfig86, XFConfig86-v3 and several others, and I choose 800x600, but when KDE comes up, it's 1024x768 with no other options.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Try Lilo.conf

    From what you given I'm going to guess that

    A. Your system is using a frame buffer (fbdev) as the video driver.

    and

    B. That you are using Lilo to boot with.

    If you are using lilo you could modify the /etc/lilo.conf file to get the resolution you want. If you need it lower, how about 800x600.

    Scroll down to the vga section in lilo.conf. Change the line where it says vga= to vga=788. vga=788 will give you 800x600 in 16 bit mode.

    After you modify /etc/lilo.conf and save it. Open a console and run the program Lilo to update it. Reboot and see the changes.

    If you are using some other boot manager like Loadlin or Grub, you could also put the same vga=788 into a line in your boot manager.

    I hope this helps. This should get you going.

    sakiZ

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3
    Hello,

    I have the same problem, its just the opposit: My resolution has to be 1024x768, but its 800x600.
    What should i put in lilo.conf to get 24Bit?

    M9.

Similar Threads

  1. trying to change my monitor's resolution
    By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
  2. How do I change the resolution?
    By giant_toaster in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 09:33 AM
  3. How to change screen resolution
    By mheight in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
  4. Can't change resolution
    By timeo27 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:34 AM
  5. who do i change resolution?
    By ndori in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 10:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop picture

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop

$40.00



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99