-
Knoppix( or Kanotix) 3.8.2 or 4.0.2 install
I installed Knoppix 3.8.2 in my Compaq Armada M300 laptop two days ago. I broke apt doing¨ # apt-get install synaptic¨ befor¨ # apt-get update¨ for what i decided to install again Knoppix. Today I tried Knoppix 4.0.2 and loved many of its featrures( automatic mounting of USB devices, OOo2 beta installed and a nicer windows interface) however I find the icon animation of the toolbar really *ugly*. So here are my questiions.
1) Is there a way to install Knoppix 4.0.2 and having the zooming effect over the icons as in KDE 3.3? If not is possible to revert to KDE 3.3?
2) Will a new fresh installation erase all my files even if I use the original partition
3)After all the alsamixer stuff how can I restore the speaker icon of the toolbar?
Thanks,
Julian
Similar Threads
-
By maxIT in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
-
By hornet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 09:54 PM
-
By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:32 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 09:00 AM
-
By arie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00