-
Junior Member
registered user
Yes your right.
Here is a pic I found of the backside of my modem:

as you can see, I do have an ethernet port, as a matter of fact I used ethernet at first on my old comp. then took it out thinking USB was better
So, in your opinion, you seem knowledgable enough, and sometimes a search can lead to more searching, but perhaps you can give me your answer before I search more.
Do I run the (phone cable?) perhaps I still have my ethernet wire somewhare? Ok, do I run that phone type cord direct to my LAN port on the back of my comp, or do I need to buy an ethernet card?
Modem ethernet out port->phone type cord->LAN port
Just wondering as the LAN port is a phone jack and so is the ethernet jack. (so I put 2+2 together and came up with....5?)
Similar Threads
-
By JustinSL in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:38 PM
-
By Neuling in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 11:28 PM
-
By gandalf1967 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
-
By beetlebz in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 09:27 PM
-
By Slimboy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 12:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93