-
Junior Member
registered user
USB cable modem
Hi, A frustrated noob here.
After days of figuring out how to download an ISO file the deed is finally done (and I have less hair too) I have the latest Knoppix.
Why do I have to type in 'Knoppix nousb' to finish the boot instead of simply 'enter'?
And more importantly,....
And another thing that is REALLY starting to cheese me off is that I am reading stuff that a cable modem (mine is a terayon tj615) with a USB jack cannot be used for knoppix.
Well, WHY NOT?!?!
Can't be done?
So I've frigged around for hours and hours only to find I can't connect without buying more shit to replace the shit I already have?!?! Like now I got to buy a router, not even sure what a router is/does.
I'm connected to Billy boys OS no prob, you'd think I would be automatically connected, that it would simply import the settings from XP.
But no!
The only way linux is going to really catch on, is only if it could be more like windows, sad but true.
Automation should be built right in, setting things up in Windows is easy, and it works (usually)
I want loin linux, but I can't get past the starting gate.
Can I not use my USB cable modem, not at all
Please explain this to me as simple as possible, as I am very confused here.
And, oh yeah, thanx!
Similar Threads
-
By JustinSL in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:38 PM
-
By Neuling in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 11:28 PM
-
By gandalf1967 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
-
By beetlebz in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 09:27 PM
-
By Slimboy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 12:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

π₯ RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

π₯ RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Apple MacDraw released 1984 User Guide (Has Wear & Tear - See Photos)
$9.99

Vintage PC Chips M571 Socket 7 Motherboard V3.2A K6500 CPU 384MB EDO DRAM cables
$74.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00