-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I'm not finding a question in your last two posts. I suspect that you want to know why KDE isn't installed and loading. I don't know, all I can say is that it certainly loads and installs for me. You say that you chose the desktop environment setting, but that's all I know about your install (other than you are trying to dual boot with MS), so I couldn't even go back and try to duplicate your install if I had the time.
I have installed Debian both in dual boot and stand alone systems without seeing this problem. When I do a dual boot I do not personally choose to let the Linux boot loader install to the MBR, I make it install on the Linux partition and then use XOSL or SBM to boot whichever system I want, but I know of no reason why you would have problems installing the Linux boot loader to the MBR. Heck, I use XOSL even with Linux only, I just find it keeps my options open and saves me from fooling with grub or lilo issues.
You may need to wait until someone with more Debian experience than I comes across this post and can spot what you are doing. I expect that Underscore will know what has gone wrong in your install, and that there must be a few others here who will catch it too. But even they may need a bit more feedback than just that you chose the desktop install.
Similar Threads
-
By dhkkong in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 06:40 AM
-
By Virulent in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-24-2004, 05:53 AM
-
By Exit in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 07:26 PM
-
By Sean in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:14 AM
-
By burmo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 1ER166-510
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD | PC DVR CCTV | | 1Y
$55.95