I'm a knoppix newbie this week. I have exacly same error as above. Same version Knoppix. Very dismayed to see above post a half year old and no reply !! -Harrold Rufus Wertmuller
I am running 4.0.2 as a live CD. When I start file manager in super user mode, I get an error message that says
"DCOP Commumications Error (Konqueror)
There was an error setting up interprocess communications for KDE. The message returned by the system was 'could not read network connection list.
/root/.DCOPserver_knoppix__0. Please check that the DCOPServer program is running.'
I check in TOP. and DCOPserver is at least listed as a service under Knoppix user, although the service is not indicated as running under knoppix user. It is not listed at all under root.
I have searched the forum, and other forums as well, but haven't been able to find a way to remove this error and get Konqueror working in super user mode. Anyone else seeing this? And is there a solution for it?
I do not have this problem with Knoppix 3.8.2.
Regards,
I'm a knoppix newbie this week. I have exacly same error as above. Same version Knoppix. Very dismayed to see above post a half year old and no reply !! -Harrold Rufus Wertmuller

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98