-
Thanks, and some answers to your questions
1. - How did you hear about Knoppix?
Various places. Slashdot, colleague at work.
2. - How did you discover Knoppix.net?
Searching for an answer to my question above with Google.
3. - What other versions of Knoppix have you tried?
3.9
4. - What type of system are you running Knoppix on?
AMD Athlon 2.4, 512G RAM, Radeon 9250 AGP, Soundblaster PCI
5. - What operating system is currently installed on that system?
Windows98 + WindowsNT
6. - How long have you been using computers, or how familiar are you with computers?
25 years. Fairly familiar.
7. - Have you used linux before? If so, how long?
Yes, many times. I use it until I meet an unresolvable issue, such as printing on my Lexmark Laser Printer (RedHat)
8. - What do you hope to do with Knoppix or Linux?
I want to run a server that cannot have the OS corrupt, that boots up fast, and shape shifts to accomodate new hardware. I want to run OpenVPN, VNC servers for numerous reasons. And I want to become familiar with the OS of the future (I believe).
9. - Are you familiar with a wiki? If so, have you used a wiki before, e.g wrote some content?
I am familiar with wikipedia. I have added a comment to a wikipedia article.
>>What type of filesystem is on /dev/hdb4?
It's ext2. Thanks for your suggestion, I will convert it to ext3
I'm keen to try reiserfs, but hear varying reports on it. What do you think? Give it a go?
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 03:58 PM
-
By ajass2 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 06:07 PM
-
By nicorellius in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 09:15 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By zblace in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99