Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to use loadlin to boot Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    11

    How to use loadlin to boot Knoppix

    I copied KNOPPIX into hardisk and would like to boot either using LOADLIN or LILO without using floppy. I tried loadlin c:vmlinuz root=/dev/ramdisk rw initrd=c:Miniroot.gz but no luck. I noticed the syslinux.cfg file in the boot disk but I do not know how to parse the pertinent information to loadlin.

    please help.. while on the topic of hd booting, can someone also show me how to use Lilo to boot ?

    thanks so much

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    11
    nevermind.. I got it ! The command is LOADLIN c:vmlinuz root=/dev/shm rw initrd=c:miniroot.gz <additional parameters>
    to get an idea of what the additional parameters look into A:\syslinux.cfg

    Would someone please give me some directions how to config lilo.. although I think I have a rough idea how it works.. thanks

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    11
    Nevermind the lilo question.. I got it... I promise to ask something I can't answer in the future..

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.8 LOADLIN (boot from DOS)
    By y23 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
  2. Loadlin and Knoppix 3.7?
    By bigkahuna in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 09:47 PM
  3. Kernel panic on boot with loadlin
    By Taldor in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 - Loadlin and Windows ME
    By Kumagoro in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 08:54 PM
  5. Boot using Loadlin
    By yuu_shi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00