-
Boot problems
I am in need of some assistance.... I am trying to boot KNOPPIX 4 from live cd, but it doesn't seem to be registering, CDROM is the top of my drive list in BIOS. And I have tried booting with a DOS floppy and the going to the D:/ drive but it says it is not found.... is it possible I just have a really worthless burner (purchased way back in 98 and passed on through generation of computers) and that I need to use another computer to burn it?? Please help.
Sincerely,
Lost and Confused in Linux
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Boot problems

Originally Posted by
zour
is it possible I just have a really worthless burner (purchased way back in 98 and passed on through generation of computers) and that I need to use another computer to burn it??
Sure, that is posiable, but it's much more likely that you haven't read and followed the instructions in the Downloading faq that will talk you through this. Follow the documentation link near the top of this page to find it.
-
Thanks.... I have read them and re did a disk.. it seems to have booted... however I am still having problems, it says KDE can not start.... he disk works fine on my frineds laptop.. so i am left thinking that it is my old CD drive... also it took 1/2 hour to boot on my computer.... also none of the programs seem to be working.. ahhhh!!! i hate this machine!!!
Similar Threads
-
By AngelMercury in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM
-
By michaa in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By fishjg in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W
$24.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99