-
Boot problems
I am in need of some assistance.... I am trying to boot KNOPPIX 4 from live cd, but it doesn't seem to be registering, CDROM is the top of my drive list in BIOS. And I have tried booting with a DOS floppy and the going to the D:/ drive but it says it is not found.... is it possible I just have a really worthless burner (purchased way back in 98 and passed on through generation of computers) and that I need to use another computer to burn it?? Please help.
Sincerely,
Lost and Confused in Linux
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Boot problems

Originally Posted by
zour
is it possible I just have a really worthless burner (purchased way back in 98 and passed on through generation of computers) and that I need to use another computer to burn it??
Sure, that is posiable, but it's much more likely that you haven't read and followed the instructions in the Downloading faq that will talk you through this. Follow the documentation link near the top of this page to find it.
-
Thanks.... I have read them and re did a disk.. it seems to have booted... however I am still having problems, it says KDE can not start.... he disk works fine on my frineds laptop.. so i am left thinking that it is my old CD drive... also it took 1/2 hour to boot on my computer.... also none of the programs seem to be working.. ahhhh!!! i hate this machine!!!
Similar Threads
-
By AngelMercury in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM
-
By michaa in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By fishjg in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$105.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53

Western Digital 1TB SSD, PC SN730 NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280 SDBPNTY-1T00 WD
$99.50

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB, SDSSDH3 2.5" SSD Drive SATA III 6GB/S (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56