-
where is the networking info?
Hi folks,
I'm trying to use knoppix to debug the ubuntu installation on my laptop. I haven't been able to get ubuntu to make a successful internet connection through any of my ethernet/wifi pcmcia cards (ibm etherjet, xircom 10mips ethernet, d-link dwl-650+ wifi). I started up knoppix and, voila! both the ethernet cards work perfectly (haven't tried the wifi yet). Now I would like somehow to make use of this information, but I can't figure out how the networking info is stored, etc. for instance, /etc/network/interfaces has no eth0 entry. So, what tools does knoppix use tset up the network, and will I be ableto use them on a regular debian/ubuntu installation?
thanks,
Matt
Similar Threads
-
By Pr0jectX in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2006, 09:58 PM
-
By csodabogar in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-10-2006, 04:30 PM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 04:38 AM
-
By three eyes open in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:57 AM
-
By Suunsu in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Lot of 50 Samsung PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM Modules
$8499.99