-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: knoppix 3.8.1 (kernel 2.6.11):new custom kernel without

Originally Posted by
theh
Now my questions:
How do I get rid of it ? Install a new kernel ? Which one should I take ?
I also reported the ub problem in these threads,
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20466
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20322
It seems installing a kernel without ub is the only way to go.

Originally Posted by
theh
Do I have to compile it myself or is it O.K to take the debian kernels ?
Strictly speaking, Knoppix on hard disk is not a pure Debian system. The Debian kernels never work on my machine, mostly likely due to certain kernel options incompatible with the Knoppix init process. I think you have 2 possible solutions:
1. Build your own custom kernel without ub by ensuring CONFIG_BLK_DEV_UB=n
2. Download and install the Kanotix kernel from http://www.kanotix.com/files/kernel/ The Kanotix kernel is more advanced and can run slightly faster (i586 optimized). I installed it to my Knoppix-4.0.2 without trouble, and indeed, far more stable than the original kernel. Of course, use it at your own risks!
Similar Threads
-
By Amo666 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
-
By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 10:17 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:54 PM
-
By jtally in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 05:15 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 01:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-8500 SR3XE 3.00 GHz 6-Core CPU
$2999.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i5-8400 SR3QT 2.8GHz CPU Processor
$39.99