-
Thanks,
I might try to use the Kanotix kernel first...
(In retrospect, I should have maybe started with Kanotix anyway...
But I only learned later on that there was a more "HD install friendly"
live distro... Now I'm reluctant to install a new version, because knoppix
is after some work at least working...)
I found something in the Remastering section of this forum about
building a custom kernel from source, but I'm not quite sure how
far this process applies to a HD install.
The questions about compiling a custom kernel in the HD install forum
seem somehow all to be unanswered...
Does anybody know where to find a guide to building a custom knoppix
kernel for a HD install ?
Thanks,
Thomas
Similar Threads
-
By Amo666 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
-
By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 10:17 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:54 PM
-
By jtally in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 05:15 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 01:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00