Along similar lines, I have a Canon S820 on a Win XP machine here, with sharing enabled. In the KDE Add Printer wizard, a workgroup scan with anonymous login lists that server and another Win XP Pro machine on the local network. Using a Guest login produces the workgroup name, but with no members; and the same is true when trying a specific Windows userid and password for the scan.

Trying to expand the resources for either of the machines displayed produces the message "Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED." This is more likely to be a Samba error than in Windows (I think), as no id or password is required for printer sharing from the Win clients.

I have double-checked that the printer is shared, and I have found nothing in forum scans so far that seems to be a match on these symptoms; nor did I see anything in the wiki. Hints and suggestions would be great!

Wayne