Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Partition hurdle

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canuckistan
    Posts
    13

    Partition hurdle

    So I went to Konsole and typed in this command: sudo knoppix-installer

    It says my partition is busy, even though it is empty, the other one has fragile windows on it so I know, that is that, and this is this, what do I do, I open up yet another part and it says my data could be lost.

    How do I move on from here? How do I make it UN-busy?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canuckistan
    Posts
    13
    Forget it I am going to install debian, like Harry suggested here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21334
    Don't know if there are any partition issues here yet, but rest assured I'll have questions all thunkded up!


    OK, now, look at this:
    http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian-amd64/debian/
    What I want is here, apparently?
    which one is the actual download, why can't these things be labeled something like, download debian here?
    I'm going to work now (duty, the cruel master ) so you have until tomorrow morning for a proper response.
    I'll have that report on my desk first thing in the morning Wilkens!

Similar Threads

  1. Mount Partition from drive with corrupt partition table
    By Nevermore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
  3. First hurdle in installing to HD
    By kranberry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 11:32 AM
  4. Copy data from one partition to the other partition
    By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
  5. CD Boot works, HDD Installed boot fails at second hurdle
    By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00