Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Boot problems

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9

    Boot problems

    I am in need of some assistance.... I am trying to boot KNOPPIX 4 from live cd, but it doesn't seem to be registering, CDROM is the top of my drive list in BIOS. And I have tried booting with a DOS floppy and the going to the D:/ drive but it says it is not found.... is it possible I just have a really worthless burner (purchased way back in 98 and passed on through generation of computers) and that I need to use another computer to burn it?? Please help.

    Sincerely,
    Lost and Confused in Linux

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Boot problems

    Quote Originally Posted by zour
    is it possible I just have a really worthless burner (purchased way back in 98 and passed on through generation of computers) and that I need to use another computer to burn it??
    Sure, that is posiable, but it's much more likely that you haven't read and followed the instructions in the Downloading faq that will talk you through this. Follow the documentation link near the top of this page to find it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9
    Thanks.... I have read them and re did a disk.. it seems to have booted... however I am still having problems, it says KDE can not start.... he disk works fine on my frineds laptop.. so i am left thinking that it is my old CD drive... also it took 1/2 hour to boot on my computer.... also none of the programs seem to be working.. ahhhh!!! i hate this machine!!!

Similar Threads

  1. problems with boot use
    By AngelMercury in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 12:11 AM
  2. boot problems with hd and cd-rom
    By michaa in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
  3. Boot Problems
    By fishjg in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
  4. Boot / boot loader problems
    By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
  5. Problems with x - Boot-shutdown... Boot-shutdown...Boot-shut
    By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED picture

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED

$165.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



For IBM 43W7622 43W7625 42C0400 1T 7.2K SATA Hard Drive X3100 X3250 M4 picture

For IBM 43W7622 43W7625 42C0400 1T 7.2K SATA Hard Drive X3100 X3250 M4

$168.90



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM 02AN553  01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN  Internal Server Systems Adapter picture

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter

$199.99