I use a knoppix 4.0.2 DVD on my work PC when I travel (so I don't have to put up with windows). I have it running nicely with a persistent home directory on a USB key. The only thing I can't do at the moment is send mail from (e.g.) Thunderbird. I'd like to be able to run an MTA which only listens on 127.0.0.1 and will only relay clients connecting on that IP.
Can anyone offer simple instructions on how to set this up? Can I just run smail under its default configuration on the DVD or will that leave me hanging off the internet running an open relay?
If I need to alter the config, it seems I can add this to my persistent config drive. Is this the case?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Matt.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67
RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99