Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: NOOB Question: After Install on HD, nothing will load!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3

    NOOB Question: After Install on HD, nothing will load!

    I just get the KnoppMyth CD and I installed it without any problems on a 300gb SATA hard drive. I eject the CD and turn the computer on, and after the MoBo boot screen it just shows nothing... blackness.

    Now I'm not too sure about Knoppix and certain hardware, remember I am a noob here, so maybe there is an incompatibility somewhere (although I really hope not because I've spent way too much money already). I have no idea if you can or can't use certain motherboards or hard drives or something.

    Anyway, here is my setup:

    Pentium 4 (3.0GHz) (LGA 775)
    MSI (Micro-Star International) 865PE Neo3 Series
    2x256 PC3200 RAM
    160GB SATA Hard Drive (with Windows XP)
    300GB SATA Hard Drive (with KnoppMyth)

    I've tried altering the initial boot order in the BIOS, and it will either load Windows XP or just show a black screen (which I imagine is Knoppix). Could it be a botched install? I mean, it did say that it finished 100% I just want it to work!

    Thank you in advance! And if the answer to this is somewhere else, my bad, I did some searching and didn't come up with anything that resembled this problem.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3
    CORRECTION!

    It turns out that something was happening, but my LCD just wasn't displaying it...

    Basically, there is a black screen with a flashing underscore in the top left hand corner. It doesn't respond to keyboard input and nothing happens. HELP!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    Did you see this http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/mirrors/mysettopbox.tv/
    Maybe it isn't of much help, but who knows...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3
    Well, I actually looked at that before, but after looking at it closely I noticed that it wanted me to load configs and specifically add '-sata' to the line, like so:

    /KNOPPIX/knoppmyth-sata

    Did that and crossed my fingers, reinstalled and upon startup all I'm seeing is that damn flashing underscore again. I'm clueless as to why this is happening, I'm doing everything by the book!

Similar Threads

  1. noob trying to load knoppix 3_3
    By popgeorge in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 02:47 PM
  2. noob install question
    By whooda in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 03:13 AM
  3. NooB question about install of Proggys, general
    By Bucky Ball in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 03:30 PM
  4. yet another noob question
    By mstlyharmlss in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
  5. Noob Question
    By philski27 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 01:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module picture

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB4Q ECC Server Memory Module

$150.00



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



SK Hynix 32GB DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM Server Memory (HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF) - Preowned picture

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM Server Memory (HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF) - Preowned

$149.00