-
NOOB Question: After Install on HD, nothing will load!
I just get the KnoppMyth CD and I installed it without any problems on a 300gb SATA hard drive. I eject the CD and turn the computer on, and after the MoBo boot screen it just shows nothing... blackness.
Now I'm not too sure about Knoppix and certain hardware, remember I am a noob here, so maybe there is an incompatibility somewhere (although I really hope not because I've spent way too much money already). I have no idea if you can or can't use certain motherboards or hard drives or something.
Anyway, here is my setup:
Pentium 4 (3.0GHz) (LGA 775)
MSI (Micro-Star International) 865PE Neo3 Series
2x256 PC3200 RAM
160GB SATA Hard Drive (with Windows XP)
300GB SATA Hard Drive (with KnoppMyth)
I've tried altering the initial boot order in the BIOS, and it will either load Windows XP or just show a black screen (which I imagine is Knoppix). Could it be a botched install? I mean, it did say that it finished 100% I just want it to work!
Thank you in advance! And if the answer to this is somewhere else, my bad, I did some searching and didn't come up with anything that resembled this problem.
Similar Threads
-
By popgeorge in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2004, 02:47 PM
-
By whooda in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 03:13 AM
-
By Bucky Ball in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 03:30 PM
-
By mstlyharmlss in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
-
By philski27 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00