Hi,
I have knoppix 3.6 installed. Since one fine day apt has stopped working. When I do apt-get update or apt-get install <something>, I get the following errorAnyone know what's wrong and what can I do to fix it?Code:Reading Package Lists... Error! E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room E: Error occured while processing python-soya (NewVersion1) E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
Thanks.
Apt-get is a very complex way of manage pakages and the knoppix installer isn't the best perfect thing in the world. I would suggest you that when you need install something don't use apt but obtain the tarball, i.e. for the last firefox version go at mozilla website and download the ..mozilla_firefox...tar.gz file, then follow the standard "./configure-make-make install" procedure, or the other custom procedure that the package helper suggest.
Thanks for the link. Increasing the size of the local repository in /etc/apt/apt.conf solved my problem.

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99