-
Junior Member
registered user
HELP: Knoppix to the rescue.... on PXE network boots?
I am completely new to PXE network boots. I heard Knoppix is automatically configured to PXE network boot other computers. Is this true? How does this work?
I want to network boot install Windows XP on a diskless/CDROMless laptop. How can I go around doing this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I heard Knoppix is automatically configured to PXE network boot other computers.
It can be and it is called Knoppix Terminal server. A PC with Knoppix becomes the host server to other PCs that boot off the PXE NIC and then load Knoppix. See http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/PXE_FAQ for some more info.
As for installing Windows XP via PXE boot, I have no idea how Knoppix could be used in this method. Maybe you could pre-load the XP installation CD to the HD via Knoppix booting from PXE. Possible? I have no idea. Anyhow, this request for assistance probably belongs in the "MS Windows & New to Linux" forum as every other forum is Knoppix specific.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks man. PXE Knoppix booting is the best thing since sliced bread.
Similar Threads
-
By kefguy in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 08:49 PM
-
By mc_03 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:36 PM
-
By j.drake in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By j0x in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:54 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 09:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

16GB DDR3 RAM Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz PC3-14900 UDIMM Non-ECC 240-Pin Memory Upgrade
$121.99

Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM
$70.00

16GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM Upgrade Kit (2x8GB) Non-ECC Unbuffered 240-Pin UDIMM
$75.99

M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$999.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 256GB 2S4Rx4 DDR4 2933 ECC LRDIMM M386ABG40M5B-CYF PC4-2933Y Server RAM
$1299.00
![OWC RAM DDR4 64GB 2666mhz SODIMM [2x32GB Modules] + [2x16GB FREE] = 96GB picture](/store/img/g/O2MAAeSw8DZqxEUA/s-l225/OWC-RAM-DDR4-64GB-2666mhz-SODIMM-2x32GB-Modules-2x.jpg)
OWC RAM DDR4 64GB 2666mhz SODIMM [2x32GB Modules] + [2x16GB FREE] = 96GB
$600.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM
$449.00