-
Halting at Looking for cdrom in /dev/scd0
I am loading Knoppix v3.7 from CD ROM and it is halting at Looking for cdrom in /dev/scd0.
If I load "failsafe" everything seems to run, but then I can't specify config and so on.
The hardware is an AMD K2 500mhz with 256mb RAM. Can I skip just this part, or has anyone any idea on a workaround?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix does the very best it can to automatically figure out what hardware you have. It does this without human intervention. As you already know, you will need to tell knoppix to boot with certain settings called Cheat Codes http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes. I have seen this or similar error because Knoppix 3.7 enables DMA by default. So use a cheat code & disable DMA:
knoppix nodma
I hope this helps.
James
-
That did it!
Unfortunately I lose video as the GUI loads. I get the message about starting X11 and then nothing although the monitor indicates that it has a signal...
-
Senior Member
registered user
I''m glad the nomda worked for you.
What model video card & monitor do you have? It sounds like knoppix is setting a resolution & refresh rate that is beyond the capabilities of the hardware. Try booting knoppix with some Cheat Codes, such as:
knoppix nodma screen=800x600 xvrefresh=60
knoppix nodma screen=640x480 xvrefresh=60
knoppix nodma screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=75
-
Onboard card. Will check however the 800x600 & 60hz did the trick. Now my turn at new baby looking after so will carry on tomorrow pm! Thanks very much for your help, my next post should be via Mozilla on Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By sstathakis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By twin_cylinder in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:47 AM
-
By Buchwald in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 07:51 PM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99