-
Mail relay for localhost?
I use a knoppix 4.0.2 DVD on my work PC when I travel (so I don't have to put up with windows). I have it running nicely with a persistent home directory on a USB key. The only thing I can't do at the moment is send mail from (e.g.) Thunderbird. I'd like to be able to run an MTA which only listens on 127.0.0.1 and will only relay clients connecting on that IP.
Can anyone offer simple instructions on how to set this up? Can I just run smail under its default configuration on the DVD or will that leave me hanging off the internet running an open relay?
If I need to alter the config, it seems I can add this to my persistent config drive. Is this the case?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Matt.
Similar Threads
-
By ibrewale in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-06-2005, 02:29 AM
-
By newtolinux in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 11:07 AM
-
By ClayJar in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:28 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 03:34 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99