Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wi-Fi Troubles...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    20

    Wi-Fi Troubles...

    Hey guys, it's me again having more problems with Linux. I am using the 4.0.2 Official DVD release, and I have it installed using the recommended "Debian" method (or whatever you want to call it). Anyway, here's the problem, I run the wireless config the same way on the live CD and on my install, I just click next until it finishes. On the liveCD it works perfect, I can connect to my router, and everything is joyous, on my HD install however, I do the same procedure, but I can get nothing to work no matter what I try. Oh, and when I press "activate config" in the liveCD it freezes the whole computer and I have to restart, it also does this in the HD install, but only when I have it configured to do infrastructure mode only. I'm using the latest version of Netgear's WG311T card. Here are the pictures of my problem:




    The first two are of when it's not working on the HD install, and the last 2 are when it's working fine on the Live CD.

    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    -Nate

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    20
    Ok, since nobody seems to be responding, would you guys recommend that I just install Debian? And if so, do you have any tips for me?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1
    you have no ip address on the bottom one.
    Open terminal and do ifconfig (your eth? goes here) try usind down and up options. its something simple.

    Also you want to click to detect your eth? in kwifi. Then check if you have encryption etc. Sometimes you need to reboot.

Similar Threads

  1. Troubles
    By HappyDays in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
  2. Boot troubles! :'-(
    By ayeyen in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 06:02 PM
  3. Cd rom troubles
    By DusteD in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
  4. ok, it's on my hd, I have app-get troubles. a better way?
    By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
  5. USB troubles
    By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Sonnet Tempo Trio PCI Controller Card Vintage Apple Mac ATA/IDE + FireWire + USB picture

Sonnet Tempo Trio PCI Controller Card Vintage Apple Mac ATA/IDE + FireWire + USB

$150.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple IIc Computer Carrying Case Bag Grey Canvas Rainbow Logo 1980s picture

Vintage Apple IIc Computer Carrying Case Bag Grey Canvas Rainbow Logo 1980s

$74.99



Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS* picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS*

$99.99



Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals picture

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals

$50.00



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord

$49.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99