Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wi-Fi Troubles...

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    20

    Wi-Fi Troubles...

    Hey guys, it's me again having more problems with Linux. I am using the 4.0.2 Official DVD release, and I have it installed using the recommended "Debian" method (or whatever you want to call it). Anyway, here's the problem, I run the wireless config the same way on the live CD and on my install, I just click next until it finishes. On the liveCD it works perfect, I can connect to my router, and everything is joyous, on my HD install however, I do the same procedure, but I can get nothing to work no matter what I try. Oh, and when I press "activate config" in the liveCD it freezes the whole computer and I have to restart, it also does this in the HD install, but only when I have it configured to do infrastructure mode only. I'm using the latest version of Netgear's WG311T card. Here are the pictures of my problem:




    The first two are of when it's not working on the HD install, and the last 2 are when it's working fine on the Live CD.

    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    -Nate

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    20
    Ok, since nobody seems to be responding, would you guys recommend that I just install Debian? And if so, do you have any tips for me?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1
    you have no ip address on the bottom one.
    Open terminal and do ifconfig (your eth? goes here) try usind down and up options. its something simple.

    Also you want to click to detect your eth? in kwifi. Then check if you have encryption etc. Sometimes you need to reboot.

Similar Threads

  1. Troubles
    By HappyDays in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
  2. Boot troubles! :'-(
    By ayeyen in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 06:02 PM
  3. Cd rom troubles
    By DusteD in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
  4. ok, it's on my hd, I have app-get troubles. a better way?
    By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
  5. USB troubles
    By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New picture

Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New

$295.00



DELL Pro Max with GB10 (FCM1253) - NVIDIA GB10 Grace - 128 GB LPDDR5X - 4TB M.2 picture

DELL Pro Max with GB10 (FCM1253) - NVIDIA GB10 Grace - 128 GB LPDDR5X - 4TB M.2

$5999.00



VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server picture

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server

$100.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH. picture

Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.

$197.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99