Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wi-Fi Troubles...

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    20

    Wi-Fi Troubles...

    Hey guys, it's me again having more problems with Linux. I am using the 4.0.2 Official DVD release, and I have it installed using the recommended "Debian" method (or whatever you want to call it). Anyway, here's the problem, I run the wireless config the same way on the live CD and on my install, I just click next until it finishes. On the liveCD it works perfect, I can connect to my router, and everything is joyous, on my HD install however, I do the same procedure, but I can get nothing to work no matter what I try. Oh, and when I press "activate config" in the liveCD it freezes the whole computer and I have to restart, it also does this in the HD install, but only when I have it configured to do infrastructure mode only. I'm using the latest version of Netgear's WG311T card. Here are the pictures of my problem:




    The first two are of when it's not working on the HD install, and the last 2 are when it's working fine on the Live CD.

    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    -Nate

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    20
    Ok, since nobody seems to be responding, would you guys recommend that I just install Debian? And if so, do you have any tips for me?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1
    you have no ip address on the bottom one.
    Open terminal and do ifconfig (your eth? goes here) try usind down and up options. its something simple.

    Also you want to click to detect your eth? in kwifi. Then check if you have encryption etc. Sometimes you need to reboot.

Similar Threads

  1. Troubles
    By HappyDays in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
  2. Boot troubles! :'-(
    By ayeyen in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 06:02 PM
  3. Cd rom troubles
    By DusteD in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
  4. ok, it's on my hd, I have app-get troubles. a better way?
    By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
  5. USB troubles
    By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair ISMAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair ISMAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair ISMAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair ISMAI S-100 Systems

$295.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Systems Z80 Wall Clock picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Systems Z80 Wall Clock

$395.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00