Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can I remaster an installed Knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9

    Can I remaster an installed Knoppix?

    Lets say I have Knoppix installed in my HHD, and made a lot of installations, uninstallations, and personal settings such as custom colours and fonts in KDE.

    1. Would I still be able to pack it all up into an ISO and burn it as a live-CD?

    2. Would my personal settings still be in place?

    3. Would I still be able to install *this* customised Knoppix into another HHD again and retain all the settings?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    30

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    HD install

    I have had a problem for a while whilst trying to remaster a hard drive install in that I got a bad superblock error and root was read only. I am not sure but I think that the bad superblock problem was due to the install I chose (knoppix like install). The knoppix like install defaults to reiserfs even if the partition is formatted ext2/3. I think this is why I got a bad superblock error when my remastered disc booted up, because fsck was looking for an ext2/3 filesystem but was being presented with reiser fs. To enable a knoppix style installl on as ext2/3 start the install as a debian style installl, select ext3 then double back and everything should install on ext3. The disc also mounted root as read only. when I looked in fstab my hda5 installl was installed as ext3 default error=remount ro. Why there is an error I don't know, but editing this out got rid of this.

Similar Threads

  1. Is PHP installed on KNOPPIX 5.0.1 ?
    By Regupstart in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 11:27 PM
  2. Knoppix Succesfully installed but grub installed in root
    By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
  4. how can I get in the hd-installed Knoppix?
    By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 08:50 AM
  5. what happens when knoppix is hdd installed
    By waynejkruse10 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120 picture

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120

$999.00



Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black picture

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black

$44.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99