I know there are a few solution threads around, i've tried most of them, very new to this so i'm asking for direct help, so sorry if it's kind of a re-post

I have a new pc with new HD and old HD put into it, i cant access the old "My Documents" from old HD because i get an access denied error, so i got the knoppix software to try n move the files out. BTW the old drive is partitioned, i'm hoping to move it into the other partitioned part.

I load up the knoppix software fine, i can browse all the files no access denied, but it wont send... i read up on going to the KNoppix>utitilities>captive ntfs but there is no "captive NTFS", i tried unchecking the "read only" in the drives, again still got denied when trying to copy files over, when i try to get access to modify folders it says i dont have the permission to do so... is there anything i can do?

I'm on Windows XP Home btw...