-
root password
I'm new to Knoppix, but I still feel silly for asking this question, however, I can't seem to instal anything because every time I do it asks for my root password. That's fine, but I don't know what my root password is, how to find it, how to change it/set it, or even really what it is or where it comes from.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
luagh45
That's fine, but I don't know what my root password is
Look Here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500
Similar Threads
-
By oganika in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
-
By DRYICE in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-18-2006, 02:06 AM
-
By swen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 03:18 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:48 AM
-
By VBgod in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$213.21

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99