I have two harddrives that I swap in and out of my laptop. One of them dual boots Sarge/XP and the other has XP with Knoppix3.7 installed to the hd. When I am running Debian I can run "tail -f /var/log/messages" and get output when I plug in or remove usb or pcmcia devices. When using Knoppix however I get no response from "tail". Not a big deal but I wonder what I am doing wrong?

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$155.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$949.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00