-
Senior Member
registered user
I Hear Ya!
Until my significant other took over the second PC I had... then, I had to keep that system constantly in check. That system had numerous attacks of menu bars, installed programs, desktop programs, spy-ware, and registry attacks... With the amount of work I had to deal with, I located a nice "shareware" arsenol of programs to make the task easier; Spy-Bot for spy-ware and registry cleaning, and AVast for the many trojan and viri attacks. Failed attempts of "nailing down" Internet Explorer from accepting anything it receives from a web site, had me enabling AVast within IE, and daily running of Spy-Bot, just for the security issues, and for the uptime, we never saw more than a day of continuous running the systems, without having to do daily reboots. Firefox is holding back the cookies, and clamav is watching the viri attacks from the MS running emails we get, mostly spam, which, Spam Assassin is diligently throwing away as we receive them.
This sounds exactly like me at work, where this is exactly what I have to do to keep malware at bay using Windows at work. It is my end of day routine to scan for malware, etc. It takes 20 minutes -- everyday. Switching to Firefox Beta 2 has helped a lot. It's an ongoing BATTLE! We had to resort to configuring email for zero attachments. Then my boss got a different unpublished email account so vendors could send us graphics.
OTOH, at home, I NEVER have any problems like this. Linux has NO problems in these areas. Windows XP now behaves better because it is totally OFFLINE!
Ha! Trouble is I rarely use it anymore.
sakiZ
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99