Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: LET LOOSE! (invites to M$ bashing)

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    OH ANY ANOTHER THING!!

    one thing i really love doing, to all whom use msn, i send then over 1000 messages in one hit thaniks to kopete... : HAHAHAH!! it works wonders...

    it has also the cause of me being blocked by most of me friends...

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9
    This is a little off topic..... but it is to do with hating Microsoft. http://www.live.com (a pure evil site) has come out with a free e-mail with 2gb of free storage and a series of other features, and a web search. (Trying to take on google!)

    Worst Microsoft experience would have to be when I ran Win 98.... I would get a blue screen of death every 45 mins on that thing... ACH! I still have nightmares and ask myself why didn't i try Linux back then?

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    >>Worst Microsoft experience would have to be when I ran Win 98.... I would get a blue screen of death every 45 mins on that thing... ACH! I still have nightmares and ask myself why didn't i try Linux back then?<< that became the monitor on ours... :P

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9

    A good 10 minutes spent on this one!

    Edit:
    I know i spelt Knoppix wrong .... but I am too lazy to fix it, they should have a spell checker for gimp.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    they have that speel thingi for gaim (or kopete), which tells you which word is wrong...

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by zour
    Worst Microsoft experience would have to be when I ran Win 98.... I would get a blue screen of death every 45 mins on that thing... ACH! I still have nightmares and ask myself why didn't i try Linux back then?
    Well one reason was that Linux sucked big time five or six years ago. Now it's 'put in the CD and let it do its thing' so a lot easier. As to Windows98, after tussling for a few hours the other day getting a win98 system to network with an XP one, I must say that I agree it's a pain! After a couple of hours working through checklists and so on (win98) eventually success! Network neighborhood (if that's how these yanks spell it) showed the network! RM retires to bed happy; next day on restarting the machines on the network - nothing! No network visible! So out went win98 and in went Linux. There's only so much pain a guy can take.

    Regds, RM.

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    >>Well one reason was that Linux sucked big time five or six years ago.<<

    something has to start S*** before it gets any good, if it ever starts any good it ends up S***... might i refer this to the matrix...

    i recon the more i learn about linux, the better it gets... for example, i can force me fan to spin on me laptop... ITS GREAT FUN!!!

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-harry
    >>Well one reason was that Linux sucked big time five or six years ago.<<

    something has to start S*** before it gets any good, if it ever starts any good it ends up S***... might i refer this to the matrix...

    i recon the more i learn about linux, the better it gets... for example, i can force me fan to spin on me laptop... ITS GREAT FUN!!!
    chris-harry,

    I think you are becoming a bad influence on me, because, while I was reading your response, all I could think of, was, what would happen if you forced your fan not to spin on your laptop?

    Told ya, bad influence...

    Hey everyone! Marshmellow and Weinie roast at chris-harry's laptop! BYO!!!

    j/k
    Ms. Cuddles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99