I wish I could get some help here whats the point of a forum if no one helps
I have just started to use knoppix and have a laptop installed with windows 2000 and only one hard drive when i boot to knoppix i click on the hard drive on the desktop and it says
could not mount device
the reported error was
mount: i could not determine the filesystem, type and none was specified
I wish I could get some help here whats the point of a forum if no one helps
Post the output of:
sudo fdisk -l /dev/hda (replace /dev/hda with /dev/sda if sata disk)
cat /etc/fstab
ls -l /mnt
ls -l /dev/hda*
Can you mount with: sudo mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 -t ntfs (replace ntfs with vfat if fdisk reports FAT32 for hda1)
You can open a konsole under kde for this, highlight command with output with mouse and paste here with middle mouse button.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95