-
Installing programs (the easy and traditional way)
Hi. I am a newbie to Linux, and I was wondering what is the proper "make" command to install a program from the shell?
Everytime I try and make the install for it, I do the make command first, but then it gives me an error saying it can't be initialized, then whenever I try to make the install I get a message saying "Nothing to be done for Install".
Am I missing something on why I can't get any program installed after extracting the files from the tar.gz file?
Thanks for the help to anyone who responds in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By TommyHill in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-10-2007, 02:02 AM
-
By onemyndseye in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2006, 11:29 AM
-
By MinoX in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:14 PM
-
By Garibaldi in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By Prons in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01