-
switching to knoppix
First I want to say what a pleasure it is to find a version of Linux that is very newbie friendly and fairly easy to use. I have to send props to the people who made this . I have tried many different versions and types of Linux and I believe this one is the best out there. I have a couple of questions though and please don't flame me as I am a total Knoppix newbie. (about a week)
1) I know how to save my config to thumb drive, but is there a way to save everything to a dvd-rw? The reason I ask is that it seems that it would save a lot more info for each session and could be updated as needed.
2) If I do want to install Knoppix to my secondary hdd, the installer asks if I want to install Knoppix,multi user or Debian and has Debian as the recommended choice.Why? what are the differences between the two? Is it a completely different version of Knoppix or the same with only sublte changes and functionality?
I guess that covers it for now. TIA
Similar Threads
-
By wilscco in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2007, 12:19 AM
-
By leecming in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 12:57 AM
-
By mxpeed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By Kyaecker in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 04:27 PM
-
By displaced in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$189.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98