Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: partimage on Knoppix CD 4.0.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4

    partimage on Knoppix CD 4.0.2

    I'm trying to save an image of a partition in an nfs-mounted directory. However, partimage complains that the file I'm trying to save to is locked. If I change the filename, it comes back with a message saying that file already exists... and if i tell it to overwrite the file, it then says that file is locked, too. Lather, rinse, repeat. This is not an nfs permissions issue, as I can create/modify at will in the directory I'm trying to save the image to. I have no such problems if I use Knoppix 3.9 or earlier.

    This may or may not happen when not trying to save into an nfs-mounted directory -- I haven't verified one way or the other. Anyone else having similar issues?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14
    Why don't you save your partition on any other partition type i.e. fat32, ext2, ext3 or reiserfs ?
    NTSF is not cooperative with any free application...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4
    Because it's a Windows partition...
    And anyway, ntfs isn't the issue, the issue is that partimage is broken.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14
    your window partition can very well be stored on a fat 32 or a Linux file system
    have you tried it ?
    I am backing up my reiserfs partition on an ext2 one without any problem ...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4
    Windows has poorer performance on fat32, and it certainly will NOT run on ext2/ext3/reiserfs/xfs/jfs/etc... And anyway, like i said, the issue is not the type of partition. The issue is that I cannot create an image of it using this particular version of partimage. I had to resort to dd.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    14
    have you had a look at :
    www.framasoft.net/article3552.html ?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4
    What does that have to do with anything? I already know I can make an image of my Windows partition -- that's what I'm trying to do.

Similar Threads

  1. efficiency of partimage in knoppix
    By Trace Green in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 05:24 PM
  2. partimage on knoppix 4.0
    By jrev in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 06:18 AM
  3. partimage on knoppix 4.0
    By jrev in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 04:13 PM
  4. Swap XP drives using partimage/Knoppix?
    By snarkfinder in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:09 PM
  5. Using PartImage w/ Knoppix
    By SideWynder in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2003, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD picture

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD

$200.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord picture

Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord

$400.00



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00