Quote Originally Posted by mgende
The CDs actually boot other computers not running Award BIOS
I do not put much faith in the fact that a disk will boot other systems. I have had a poor quality disk hit about a 50% success or failure rate, depending on whether you are an optimist or a pessimist. Look for some common ground with the optical drives also. Some just do not read certain media well either. A bios update might be something to look at also. I have a couple of systems that have issues booting from CD.

You can also try a boot manager. There is a little information at the following link: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ Look under the "Q: My computer won't boot from CD. What should I do?" heading. There are two recommended tools and they are located at: http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/download.html and at http://www.ranish.com/part/xosl.htm .

Good Luck! Let us know if you find a solution.