-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Philip Ogletree
>>I myself do everthing from Debian installed system and start X from my previously remastered CD where remaster scripts are installed. <<
I read where the Debian install doesn't install hardware detection scripts. Are you able to get around this by doing the above quoted sentence?
Thanks for the 'apt-get dist'upgrade' upgrades XFree86 to X.org. i didn't know that.
I mean I do a remaster file from my CD first, not from hd installation. After that I can do everything from hd installation but starting X because of different hostname (my hostname is not knoppix what it should be to get X started).
Dist-upgrade upgrades you system to X.org if you have testing and unstable sources in you sources.list.
I myself can't get X.org started from remastered CD in spite of X starts fine from chroot state ('su - knoppix' and 'startx'). I try to do more investigation how XFConfig86-4 should be replaced with xorg.conf (doing a symlink works as chrooted but no anymore from remastered CD). So because something must be changed in Knoppix's scripts it safer to use XFree86 until someone has solved this problem. Checking new Kanotix would help in that (remember that in rc13 hotplug is replaced with udev).
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-12-2006, 04:34 AM
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 08:24 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By Madus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99