-
Changing Boot Graphic
I'm remastering Knoppix 4.0.2. I would like to change the default graphic displayed above the boot prompt when you first boot off of the CD. I've done searches on the forum and couldn't locate a thread related to this. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
I would also like to change the text on that screen, such as the release date and KNOPPIX-4.0.2. Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you intend to change the boot logo of a ISOLINUX Live CD like Knoppix then you must follow the steps outlined here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19054
/CDROMDRIVE/boot/isolinux/boot.msg is the file that displays the text at the bottom of a Knoppix boot screen:
"Press keys F2 or F3 for help and boot options.
KNOPPIX V4.0.2-CD http://www.knoppix.de/ RELEASE: 2005-09-23"
-
Thanks a bunch, that helped. I have some more questions but I'll make different topics for them.
Similar Threads
-
By mecho in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
-
By hyperlife in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2006, 11:22 AM
-
By TommyHill in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2005, 04:58 AM
-
By CKLM in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 02:38 PM
-
By joekm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Brocade ICX6450-24 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch W/ Ears
$74.99