-
Junior Member
registered user
after changing root password...
Hi all, another newbie realises that Windoze is rubbish!
I have managed to change my root password (Hooray!) and I am trying to set myself up as a Super User so I can access the files mydaughter encrypted before I rebuilt my machine and then she couldn't access them because etc. etc. etc.
Without Super User status I am unable to get access because they are still protected in some way.
However, having changed my Root password to something I know, I can now get to the Super user - not!
When I enter the new Root password in the Super user screen I get a message saying I need to check that DSOPserver is running.
I have been to the root console and typed 'sudo dsopserver', but then it tells me 'dsopserver appears to be running, remove home/knoppix/.dsopserver_knoppix__0 and run dsopserver again' (or something like that)
What am I doing wrong?
Cheers,
fatcharlie.
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
-
By abeza in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-31-2007, 03:47 PM
-
By stol in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 03:14 PM
-
By mediaparty in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95