-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for getting back to me!
Sorry for the lack of detail - will try to rectify that.
My daughter made her files private in Windows XP. I then had to rebuild the machine and of course her user identification number changed. Hence now no-one can get to her files.
Using Knoppix live from cd I can see her files and open them, but I cannot move or copy them.
When I tried to make myself a super user the Knoppix asked me for a root password. I looked on this forum to get the informatio on how to do that - which I have now done sucessfully. But now it is telling me that DCopserver is maybe not running - sorry for the error before. I have not tried to install Knoppix and am using it live from the cd.
I was under the impression that as a Super User I would be able to move and copy her files into another directory so she can once again get acces to them - seems I may be wrong on that point.
I am a Linux convert now nd will be switching my operating system in the next few weeks - but in the meantime she needs her Biology coursework!
Any ideas on how I can lift the access ban left over from rebuilding the machine?
Thanks again,
Fatcharlie
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
-
By abeza in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-31-2007, 03:47 PM
-
By stol in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 03:14 PM
-
By mediaparty in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98